Saturday, June 25, 2011

need a trim


The DIY shorts I wore in my previous post is as easy as 1, 2, 3. In fact, just follow the steps below and you're set with your own pair of denim-crochet shorts this summer! Okay, so the idea of denim x crochet may not be an entirely new concept but I have yet to see this combo around and personally, I think they're quite a match :)



1. Materials: pair of shorts and crochet trimming (I used approximately 1 meter)
2. Turn the shorts inside out and pin the trimming to the hem of the shorts.
3. Sew them together.


I'm currently in a DIY/sewing obsession. Already have a few more DIY tutorial posts lined up for the next few weeks. I wish I had the time to execute all my ideas at once so I can share with you all! It's always inspiring to see what kind of DIYs other bloggers come up with. My 3 go-to blogs would have to be P.S.-I made this, A Pair and a Spare, and I spy DIY. They're all so talented and never fail to amaze me with their creativity. Do you have a favorite DIYer?

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that's some nice DIY work! I love how you chose a soft pastel coloured denim, it really works well with the white crochet trim x

    http://modernlegacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you added some cuteness to the cool denim shorts by sewing the lace trim, good job :)

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so tricky of you! i wish i was super creative & DIY-y so that i could make awesome clothes like this.x



    thatsweetaurora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally cute! i love it :)
    thanks for sharing... now if only i can get my hands on a sewing machine and learn how to sew. lol!

    hope to hear from you soon, would love to have you as a follower!

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's so cute, super girly :)

    I'm having a giveaway on my blog and I'd love if you could check it out:
    http://inspirationshaveinone.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-first-giveaway.html
    thanks :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, this is one of my favorite DIY's so far! I really must try it, as I am completely obsessed with lace!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm currently working on the same thing, Ive just came across your blog and its lovely :)

    http://letsputourheartstogether.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely idea! Should definitely try it. Thank you for following me, following you back xoxo

    http://styleitup-eva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shorts! Thanks for the great idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shorts!!! amazing DIY!! I need do that!!
    Kisses pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stumbled across your blog from another and I'm liking your DIY! Really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok this is awesome! What a great DIY, I really want to do a DIY but I haven't had time T_T

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are one gorgeous lady! i love what you did to those pants!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for your comment :)

    i'm following ;)

    xo

    inspirationshaveinone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

xx.