Friday, May 13, 2011

midi to diy for

Here is the step-by-step post on how I made my own midi skirt, worn in my previous post. I know these are not the best instructions in the world but I tried my best to put it in the simplest words possible. So, hopefully they're somewhat comprehensible. This project is slightly more advanced as I didn't work with an actual pattern so some sewing background may be needed.

Materials: 2 meters of chiffon fabric (crepe/lace will do as well), 1.5 meters of elastic velvet ribbon, and a pack of 6mm elastic. [note: I'm 5'4" with a petite frame so use your discretion for the meters of fabric you'll need. It should be good enough if you could wrap the fabric around your waist 1.5 times].

If you do give this diy a try and come across any questions, just leave me a comment and I'll be more than happy to help. Oh, and sending me a photo of your masterpiece will totally make my day! Read about my features in this skirt here and here. And thank you for all you tumblr-ers for reblogging :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice Post! Glad I found this blog!

    If you're into photography, check out my blog. I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it and I'll do the same. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

xx.