Saturday, May 7, 2011

meet me midway

skirt, DIY. top, F21. vintage bag, CHANEL. vintage sunglasses, RAY BAN.
photos by Rosanna

Those who follow me on twitter may know that this is the DIY skirt I was working on 2 weeks ago. I had no luck finding my ideal midi skirt so I thought I'd make my own and here it is! My sewing was a bit rusty at first as it's been a while since I crafted a garment from scratch; but oh, have I forgotten how much I enjoy sewing. Two things I like about this skirt: the gathered ribbon-waistband and subtle dipped hem [which was probably the most difficult part of this project]. I will shortly post a how-to tutorial on this midi. Would love to read your comments about it because I have another similar DIY under construction.

8 comments:

  1. Oooh...i like what you did to the pictures!
    Beautiful skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a beautiful set of photos and i really adore this outfit. It was featured as modest outfit inspiration of the day at http://rubyeyedokapi.tumblr.com and will be posted on my personal blog either tonight or sometime tomorrow. Thanks so much for being amazing. Great job on the sewing even if it was a bit rusty for you at first!!!! I love handmade items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skirt is amazing!! I want to make one myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally in love with your blog..! This outfit is amazing and I loove the golden colors..Take a look at my blog: http://ciocolataneagra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful skirt Stephanie! Great shape to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skirt's shape reminds me of a flower! Nice job, looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. great style! i love your chanel bag!
    would love for you to check out my blog and follow it if you like!
    http://juliasstyleutopia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your skirt hun! make me one hehe =P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

xx.