Saturday, April 2, 2011

make the cut

photos via asos.com and nastygal.com


Have been seeing many bluntly cropped tops lately while browsing through my usual favorite online stores. The unconventional length of a business casual button-down particularly struck to me. So I thought I'll make my own, with a slight twist. Just follow the 4 easy steps below to one of this spring's trends. I will do an outfit post in it soon :)



Materials: plain button-down shirt and assortment of buttons

1. Measure the length of your desire.
2. Pin and cut accordingly [I wanted the front to be shorter so I purposely left the back 2 inches longer].
3. Sew the hems.
4. Remove the original buttons and replace each of them with different hand-picked buttons.
5. And there, you have your own one of a kind cropped dress shirt!


7 comments:

  1. can't wait to see it on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately gonna give this a try! I've got a similar shirt sitting around :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of yours. Can't wait to see it on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love the funky buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the buttons are adorable! I wish I could rock crop tops, but I was not blessed with the figure for them!!

    Have a great weekend!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why aren't you modelling it? :) Soo cute, nice job Steph. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! can't wait to make my own. also, following your blog now. hope to see more posts. :)

    sending love,
    kimberly
    -xoxo-

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

xx.