Saturday, December 18, 2010

the Great

The Great Wall, heart-shaped egg tarts, Forbidden City, traditional Chinese porcelain china dress, green tea latte with bunny, here and there.

Jet lag and flu do not mix so I must apologize for the lack of posts this month. Aside from being fascinated by the infamous Great Wall and Forbidden City, everywhere I look was a scenic eye candy in Beijing. Time spent at the Great Wall just admiring and mesmerized by the art of architecture was definitely the highlight of my trip. And I think not a lot of people can tell you they slid down the Great Wall but I can :) I became a kid when I found out that one of the options of transporting down was to toboggan on a giant slide. That was the best RMB $45 I have ever spent, which comes to about $6.50 CDN. All in all, this trip really allowed me to get in touch with the Chinese cultural nerd in me, which is impossible to find in the glamorous city of Hong Kong, and not to mention the unforgettable meals of Peking ducks and the perfect company I had to share this experience with. It was definitely one great trip!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! I especially enjoy the heart-shaped egg tarts :) Glad you had a fun time, but even happier you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comment!

xx.